Responsible for the design of hardware and firmware for lighting systems based on LED technology, used mainly in military environments (land, sea or air). Design work on data capture products and specialist electronic components may also be undertaken.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will take technical lead on specific projects as identified by the Engineering manager. Additionally will assist the Engineering Manager in coaching other Engineers to develop Design skills and work to the departmental processes.
- At least 5 years Hardware design experience within a relevant industry.
- A broad range of experience but ideally with strong all round electronic design and software/firmware skills
- Strong knowledge of Analogue and Digital Design including
microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, embedded firmware/software
- SMPS design, PCB design and design for EMC, Schematic capture, PCB and simulation using Altium designer or similar
- Strong knowledge of Analogue and Digital Design with a focus on Power supply design. Also including microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, embedded firmware/software, PCB design and design for EMC
- Schematic, PCB and simulation using Altium designer or similar
Firmware development in C. Some knowledge of design for Military/Avionics applications including EMI/EMC
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
Duties and responsibilities
see what is expected of you
- Primarily working on hardware design but working closely with
firmware/software engineers during software development. Involved in new design projects as well as support to existing production and other areas of the
- Responsible for the specification compliance of designs
- Carries out LED driver and Switch mode power supply design using various topologies power up to 200Watts, AC/DC and DC/DC.
- Carries out detailed electronic circuit design, including simulation and design verification testing of the new design
- Assists in the qualification of the design including EMC testing
- Carries out PCB layout of designs using Altium Designer software
- Selects new parts, taking into consideration obsolescence, availability and cost
- Create designs which involve electronic control of the electrical, optical and thermal performance of LED lighting systems
- Prepares and presents electronic designs to other members of the design team and project stakeholders at design reviews
- Documents design work and prepares reports, ensuring design files and information are kept up to date and stored in accordance with company procedures
- Follows departmental processes relating to management of designs, and the design and project management processes
- Responsible for checking and validating Electronic Engineers designs and drawings where required
- Creation of technical reports and documentation as required for Military/Aerospace projects.
- Is available for onsite customer support (presentations and fault finding) as required
- Take technical lead on specific projects and agree technical approach with the Engineering manager
- Responsible for checking parts libraries are up to date and correct
- Take responsibility for supporting Electronic Engineers in design techniques and
the departmental processes
- The Senior Electronics Engineer will also support the Engineering Manager in recording and reporting design progress into the project and management teams
- Attends training as required, develop skills and knowledge keeping up to date with latest technology
It is you we are looking for? Apply now!
We can't wait to meet you! Prepare your documents: CV with a photo and a brief cover letter. Click on the button below and send us an e-mail with your candidacy!
Please add the following clause: "I hereby authorize you to process my personal data for the needs of the recruitment process (in accordance with the Law dated. 29.08.97 on the protection of personal data OJ No. 133, item. 883). "